منتديات فنان سات

منتديات فنان سات (https://www.fanansatiraq.com/vb/index.php)
-   Special section in English (https://www.fanansatiraq.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   University First Year Modules (https://www.fanansatiraq.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12290)

ملك الفضائيات 19-10-2019 11:18 AM

University First Year Modules

peace be upon you all
many people choose to study english in the university with no idea about university how it is ?
every person who tends to study in the university , he or she should ask these questions in order to know if you are either going to bear the university programme or not .
lets state these questions :
1.Im i able to sudy this language ?
2.which level i have in english ? 'electronic english level tests will help you to find out'
3.how many university modules are ?
4.how university modules look like ?
when you answer these question by yourself then you are going to have an idea about The English Department
i won't talk about the whole semesters , im just going to mention first year semesters which are S1 and S2 so lets go for it
Semester 1 'One' : this semester helps to know what are grammar tenses , how to write correct sentences and how to pronounce letters 'sounds' correctly , lets find out more in the coming up list
1/ Grammar 1 : this module is extremely the most important one that you i advice every student to attend , within this module you will learn grammar tenses that help you to know what are regular and irregular verbs , besides to that it will help you to write sentences which happened in the pas or the opposite .
2/ Spoken : from here , you will learn how letters are pronounced by following the IPA 'international phonetic alphabet' System , you will know much more about how to speak fluently .
3/ guided reading : this is the complicating module that i had problems with when i was in the first semester :D , anyways don't be scared its just about reading some short stories and in the exam u have a passage to comment on by writting an essay which u gonnal learn how the writing paragraph module .
4/ writing paragraph : this one of the important modules in english deprtment because you learn how to write correct sentences ,pargraphs and essays..
5/ study skills : this module helps you to know how to revise and take notes while attending a lecture and so on so forth ..
6/ Reading comprehension and precis : this the module that i loved in semester one because it allows you know some new words 'vocabulary' , also you learn techniques of how to read a text and answer its questions
7/ french : i still don't know why we study this language that no one likes at all :/ , anyways this module structure depends on the teacher , sometimes you study french grammar while with others as i did you study text and comprehention
thats all for semester one idon't know if morocco and algeria share the same modules names .
i will now to provide you with S2 information as we exactly have done with s1
1/ grammar 2 : its about learning prepositions , modals and determiners .
2/ oral communication : its about public speaking which means you prepare a specific topic with four students or alone and you deliver it publicly .
3/ compostion : its related to writing paragraph you just study things a little bit deeply .
4/ Reading comprehension and precis ; its is also the same as the s1 module , you just have longer texts than you have in s1.
5/ readings in culture : this is the hardest modules in s2 , you study within in it some cultures , how our way of clothing and eating is being changed ? also if culture is static or flexible and why ?
6/ business communication : this module helps to know how to be a succesful interviewee and how to write a cv and things like that .
7/ French : nothing to be said here :D , it is also the s1 module
i really tried hard to rovide you with these info , and
hope everything's clear , if there's any question , dont be hesitant to ask me . i may provide you with s3 and s4 modules ini case you are curious .
thanks for reading and good luck to all of you

الساعة الآن 11:11 AM